~unpacking our Christmas Decorations~

my mom & dad.....

Every year around Thanksgiving, I start separating the red & green totes. Some of the totes are ornaments, others are outside decorations & beautiful pinecone garlands.
This year was a little different, I looked over my totes and started looking inside some of the cardboard boxes labeled with a very familiar handwriting. The boxes were sealed with packing tape and had not been opened in 7 years. They belonged to my mom. When my passed away my brother & sister gifted me my mom's Christmas treasures. 
my mom's Santa ornament.....

one of my mom's toyland music boxes......


I love this Nativity ornament.....

My brother (Wes) & my sister (Cheryll) and all the nieces & nephews come over to our house on Christmas Eve.. It is a time we all treasure... homemade cookies, candies & lots of delicious finger foods...I wasn't sure how Cheryll & Wes would feel, if I brought out my mom's beautiful decorations... but, I did it anyway.. I was ready. I wanted it proudly displayed with all the whimsical toyland, bright colors & lots of Santa's... The Santa & Rudolph below were ALWAYS beside my mom's Christmas Tree.. As I slowly unwrapped this prized keepsake, I smiled...as I could see my mom's face as we helped her place them under her tree....and I proudly placed it beside our tree.......

aren't they beautiful.... I think I will bring them out every year!!!

This is my Beautiful Santa & Rudolph in our Picture Window, in the Kitchen...I love that big window with all the bright sunlight & it was the perfect place to put Mr. Claus...  well, back to decorating.... "Tis the Season"...
xoxo
Me & my handsome Brother (Wes) Thanksgiving... at the traditional lighting of the tree.
Have a blessed week...
Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment