~my new year's resolution~

okay, i will be the first to admit, making new year's resolutions are usually not something i will adhere to past the 3rd week of January.  It has never really worked for me. I have great intentions when i think of "fresh new beginnings", and "starting a whole new year" and start off with a bang and slowly the enthusiasm just fizzles. This year something was majorly different. I had already made some mental changes out of frustration, changes that would actually make my life a little better, simplified.  Organization is a quality i revere & need in my life. 
Piles of receipts, warranties, files, appointments, bills & clutter.... Has made my life much more complicated and frustrating.  I am pretty fanantical about keeping things clean & orderly.... but, PAPER... hmmmm not so much. I just stick them in a basket, or ontop of my desk and before i know it i have stuffed them into drawers or loosely tossed them into the file cabinet, vowing to go thru them.  It hasn't happened. :(


This little gem of a book has totally won me over. It's inspirational, motivating & helpful.



 My next project will be "minimalism", yeah right... I love my "stuff" to much for that. However, I am working on "only keeping what i love" and "use" and "wear", & not to mention my garage currently looks like I am a "hoarder" with all of the totes stacked on the floor, gallons of paint I will never use (dark colors), furniture that needs painted, left over wood planks from the new floor... I really need to start "purging" .  But, for now I am starting with page 1 and working my way thru the book.... wish me luck...   
Have a super week.
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment