~LEAF BLOWERS ARE NOT FOR INDOOR USE~



OK, Somethings are not to be told, and then there are some things you have to share. This is one of those (RARE) times, I am going to share with you, how things don't necessarily work out as planned. Planned? I don't think that is the right word, but here goes!!!!

One of my best friends (Kim), recently underwent surgery, which has limited her physical activity for 6 weeks. First let me say, Kim is a really bright, energetic and creative person. I think the "creative" maybe influenced her "bright" for a few days. She had phoned one day during her re coop time, to tell me that her dog was shedding horribly, I certainly could relate, our dog "Rocky" has been losing his undercoat for weeks and it is a constant battle. I have brushed that poor dog, bathed him, vacuumed him, but the fur is constant.

Well, said Kim, I did something yesterday, I don't really want to tell you. but it worked. What was it? I asked. She said you will think I have lost my mind, but I took the leaf blower and decided to clean my house. The leaf blower? "I said". Yep!, You know I am still limited physically and my husband and son went golfing and there I was laying in the bed thinking,I wish I could get all this dust and cob webs out of the house not to mention the dogs are shedding.

So, I thought. I wonder what will happen if I just blow all the cob webs from the ceilings and work my way down, and then make one big pile of dust. So that is what she did, she got the light weight blower and started upstairs and worked her way down. Cob webs, dust, fur and everything else went flying. She said after the dust had settled, she then vacuumed the floors and dusted the furniture. It really did get everything, even under the refrigerator, stove and sofa's. Wow, "I thought". Really, It got everything dusted? Even the draperies? Yes, she said everything.

OK, I don't even know what my excuse is, other than the thought of everything dusted and cleaned in less than an hour? Even under the sofa? So off I went to the garage to get my leaf blower......

Oh My Gosh! I took steady aim, not to blow over my collection of pewter frames or hanging artwork. Everything went everywhere...... Yes, the dog fur came out from underneath the stove and fridge and stuck to the wall, along with the gross dust which now has landed on top of all the appliances, the pewter frames I was so proud of had to be individually cleaned to get Rocky's fur off of them. I was aiming for the opened front door but the fur decided to stick to the Sheetrock and my beautiful Waverly wallpaper.

With the front door opened, my neighbors, who were working outside in their yards, couldn't help but hear the roaring engine inside my house, were standing together talking, when I exited to catch a breath of fresh air. I really didn't want to know what they were saying, because if it were the other way around, i would have pulled up a chair and waited to see what was next!!! So back into the house i went, collecting my leaf blower and started blowing off the front porch and the porch furniture as though nothing was out of the norm.

What was suppose to have been spotlessly clean house in less than an hour, took 2 days of vacuuming, dusting, cleaning tops of appliances, cabinets, and mirrors.

Well, my spring cleaning is done for this year.... Next year, I will just move the furniture and vacuum under them...

Let's let this be our little secret. I don't want the world to know.

Best advice "Leaf Blowers are not for indoor use".
Until next time,
Sandy

12 comments:

  1. I think the admin of this web page is really working hard for his web page, becaise here every information is quality based stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! We will be linking to this great
    post on our site. Keep up the good writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today, I went to the beach wifh my kids. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter annd said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
    put the shell tto her ear and screamed. There was a hermit cdab inmside and iit pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the valuable info you supply in your articles.
    I'll boookmark your blog and test again here frequently.
    I'm reasonably certain I will be informed many new stuff right
    here! Good luck for thhe following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! This has been aan incredibly wonderful article.
    Many thanks for supplying this info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks in favor of sharing such a nice thought, paragraph
    is pleasant, thats why i have rea it entirely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I will
    come back yet again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Moey and freedom is the best way to change, may you bbe rich and continue to help other people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you!! I appreciate you saving my little blog to your favorites!!!! I hope you have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever thought about pulishing an e-book or guest authoring on other
    sites? I hasve a blog based on the same topics you discuss and woul love too have you share some stories/information. I kno my subscribers would appreciate your work.
    If you're even remotely interested, feel free too sen me an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing for me to have a weeb page, which is good in favor of my know-how.
    thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey There. Idiscovered your blog the usage oof msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I will be sure too bookmark it and come back to learn more off your useful information. Thank you for the post.
    I will definitely return.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there! This blog post couldn't bee written any better!
    Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I am going to send this information to him.
    Faikrly certain he'll have a great read. I appreciate you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete