blogging...& inspiration...

Do you ever read NY times (Townies) opinionator? I have to admit that is one of my favorite  (winter induced) pastimes... I could sit for hours and savour the stories of lives in cities like DC & NYC, short stories, with a small window into the lives of some city dwellers.. stories of neighbors, or introducing you to their city thru their eyes.  that is what i have loved so much about blogs... sharing,  virtual penpals... you get to know people you would otherwise never have known, to see towns and cities, lifestyles, decorating, recipes & the photography,   real people, real lives.. what is not to love?
my house is and has always been a hobby, or a work in progress.  one of my passions is distressed wood. the beauty in the worn and weathered, as a matter of fact  my garage currently resembles a "hoarders paradise" a hod podge of future  little treasures.. .. frames,benches, shutters, shelves that i have discovered during my (sister & me) excursions, that are patiently waiting for my attention, ready for a coat of chalk paint & sand paper...
but, for the past few weeks i have been in hibernation.. the cold damp weather has diminished my ambitious-ness.. my creative energy is instead spent making soups & baking breads.. not so good for the waistline i might add...(i will deal with that little issue in the spring).as for now i am counting the days until spring..opening the garage doors and painting, glazing, sanding  with the scent of freshly mowed grass (natural aromatherapy).. Ahhh, grass, leaves, flowers, picnics, movies on the lawn..


today is laundry day, steam cleaning (my new favorite) pocket steamer... trader joe's, and dinner with the fam... pulled pork with cole slaw. =amazing.. as a am dashing around balancing my cup of coffee .I am not being very productive. can you tell i am not motivated?, i blame it on the weather... :)


my steamer is steaming, gotta run... until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment