be good to yourself...

depression... it is like a vacuum sucking the energy right from your body.  i knew i had to make major changes in my life. i remember a quote "don't expect to see a change if you don't make one"... and boy did i want a change.  of course winter is the worst of all times possible .. its cold, dark and wet, but it wasn't getting better.. so... one day.. as soon as climbed from my bed.. i made a decision. "lets get on with it"... inhale/exhale...... as i was dressing for the day, i thought about some changes i wanted in my life. things i wasn't enjoying or things i wanted in my life... and i started a simple journal.  its strangely peculiar how predisposed we are, and how getting to know yourself is almost odd.. to live inside yourself and not really know yourself, and suddenly you are awakened...i didn't not want to like squash, but no matter how hard i try.. i don't like squash... i don't like to swim, i do know how to swim, but i don't like swimming...we simply are who we are.  music, food, clothing, hobbies, books and even our friends... i realized so many of these personality traits are based on exposure.  (exception; squash and swimming)...
so, that brings me here... exposure....
i recently had a conversation with my oldest daughter Loren... we were talking about life and choices, and the fact that in the end it is the experiences that you will cherish not the "things".....

she agreed and we decided in 2016 to create 16 experiences.. something neither of us had done before (but wanted to).  we started a list..
our first is a picnic lunch on the atlanta beltline


our second is a carriage ride in charleston..girls weekend getaway..
one of the places i hope to add is a night on beautiful cumberland island. ... the planning of our 16 experiences for this year has been so much fun..the list continues and is updated weekly...


some other recent changes.... health, mind and body.  habits are so hard to break.  I have succeeded in breaking several... (a little pat on my shoulder).. i am quite proud of myself.



eating much healthier, my bad eating habits were catching up with me... feeling sluggish and slow.  I have started with the basics, water, water, water and raw veggies... oh and raw honey.
i was speaking with a friend at school, i couldn't say if it is a placebo effect or a positive body response... but, i can promise you.. something happened... it started 3 days after i started using raw honey and cinnamon ... i felt energy coming back into my body... energy i haven't had in quite a while.. someone even commented to me that morning as i was getting on the elevator.. "you look like sunshine on this rainy day"..  i smiled as the doors closed thinking to myself... finally, i am on my way back...
 xoxo till next time
sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment